Incorrect data? Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The oldest fortress on the Lower Rhine is located in the historic Krefeld suburb of Linn. The former country castle belonging to the Electorate of Cologne has its origins around 1200. She became the property of the City of Krefeld in 1926. The beautiful water castle is well preserved and includes a bailey, hunting lodge and tithe barn. In the accompanying Landscape Museum it is possible to view excavation finds from the days of Roman rule in the 5th century and the time of the Frankish princes. The special items included in the exhibition are the gilded articles buried along with the princes in the largest continuous and well-preserved burial site in Gellep-Stratum. A further attraction is the mediaeval barge from the time of Charles the Great. Concerts and readings are regularly held in the great hall of Linn Castle. The castle grounds, including the surrounding park, provide an impressive backdrop for events of all kinds.