Incorrect data? Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nikolaikirche is a church building in the North Rhine-Westphalian town of Siegen, whose history goes back to the 13th century. The church stands on the Siegberg, the settlement center of the medieval old town. Its architectural feature is given by its hexagonal floor plan; The nave is the only European hall hexagon north of the Alps. The church tower of Nikolaikirche with the crown carries the landmark of the city of Siegen, a forged and gilded crown with over two meters in diameter from the 17th century. As the tallest building on the Siegberg, the church tower with its 53 meters in height and striking red and white paint characterizes the silhouette of the city. The church gained international recognition through its treasury with a silver baptismal font from the 16th century. Since the Reformation, the Nikolaikirche is a Protestant church, since 1580 Protestant-Reformed parish church Siegens. Below the church are the Siegen Town Hall and the market square.