Incorrect data? Please notify us at email@example.com.
It is the seat of the Municipio and it is situated in front of Cathedral to signify the connection between the two powers; that of the state, and that of the church. Its moderate height, and the magnificence of the cathedral which tower over it, make it appear modest in dimension. The palace was built on a plan by architect Vincenzo Sinatra, who worked on it for more than ten years. The original plan was of one floor and was inspired by French architecture as for the semi-circular entrance, the narrow corners, the oval reception-hall, and the central dome. In 1950, another floor was added and this altered the original plan. Nevertheless, the building retains a certain uniformity and fits perfectly into the surroundings