The Porta Reale is the access to the historic center of Noto. It was built in 1838 with the arrival of King Ferdinand II of Bourbon in Noto, by the Marquis of Cannicarao at his own expense and designed by architect Orazio Angelici. The door in neoclassical style, has two pilasters with Corinthian capitals, inside the arch, two crests represent, on one side, the city of Noto and on the other side the coat of arms of the Cannicarao family. The material used is the typical golden limestone that was used in the construction of churches and palaces and which gives the buildings a yellowish hue. At the top of the door there are three symbolic sculptures: a crenellated tower which means power and the strength of the city; on the other side a Cirneco or greyhound a Sicilian canine breed, symbol of loyalty and at the center a Pelican that means sacrifice, or, it is also thought that it can be a stork, symbol of fertility.