Incorrect data? Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grimeton Radio Station (Swedish pronunciation: [ˇɡrɪmːɛˌtɔn]) in southern Sweden, close to Varberg in Halland, is an early longwave transatlantic wireless telegraphy station built in 1922-1924, that has been preserved as a historical site. From the 1920s through the 1940s it was used to transmit telegram traffic by Morse code to North America and other countries, and during World War 2 was Sweden's only telecommunication link with the rest of the world. It is the only remaining example of an early pre-electronic radio transmitter technology called an Alexanderson alternator. ©Wikipedia/Chrumps