Incorrect data? Please notify us at email@example.com.
The documented beginning of viticulture in Meersburg is at the same time also the beginning of the winery of the prince-bishops of Constance, which centuries later would become state winery. In the yearbook of the episcopal church of Constance in 1210 a vineyard of Manegoldus of Rohrdorf on the shore in Meersburg is mentioned, which - for lack of heirs - fell together with the castle to the Constance bishop Konrad II of Tegerfelden. Our wine cellar, which was built under Prince-Bishop von Stauffenberg in the former moat, is like our entire building complex from the early 18th century.