The Central Bath in Sofia, Bulgaria


Address:
1 Banski Sq, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria

Incorrect data? Please notify us at hi@itinari.com.

Description

The building plan of the Central Mineral Bath was created by by the architects Petko Momchilov and Friedrich Grünanger and was approved in January 1906. The design incoroprated the Vienna Secession style and at the same time integrated the typical Bulgarian, Byzantine and Eastern Orthodox ornamental elements. The base construction was completed in 1908 and the bath was opened to the public in 1911 as a public bath with separate facilities for men and women, but the official opening took place two years later on 13 May 1913. Then it took them another two years before the building was completely finished and a garden installed in front of the Baths.

Travel stories around The Central Bath in Sofia, Bulgaria

Places to visit around The Central Bath in Sofia, Bulgaria