Church of Ascension in Vilnius

Incorrect data? Please notify us at


The Church of Ascension was built for 35 years by missionaries monks. From the beginning in 1659, the construction process was interrupted by many things: lack of money, invasion of Swedish and finally plague epidemic. The church is a part of the Missionaries monastery ensemble which is also remains abandoned. In the middle of the 19th century, all monastery ensemble was closed.

Travel stories around Church of Ascension in Vilnius