Incorrect data? Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cathedral of Christ's Nativity is the main cathedral of the Moldovan Orthodox Church in the center of Chișinău, Moldova. It was commissioned by the governor of New Russia, Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov, and Metropolitan Gavril Bănulescu-Bodoni in 1830. The cathedral was built in the 1830s in a Neoclassical style by Abram Melnikov (who had designed a similar church in Bolhrad). © iStock/Arkadivna